The press-release of the Conference in Kazan was published
On 23 October 2015 Kazan Federal University held the conference "Government support of shared research facilities and large-scale research facilities: main results and prospects for development".
The conference was attended by heads of facilities, directors and deputy directors of organizations on the basis of which operate shared facilities and large-scale research facilities, representatives of the Russian Ministry of education and science, the scientific community and the media. The total number of participants was about 90 people representing 55 scientific and educational organizations.
The representatives of the Ministry of education and science was informed about the government science and technology policy in the field of shared research facilities and large-scale research facilities, a complex of measures to improve their activities, the results of the annually conducted monitoring of their activities, prospects for their development and new forms of support.
Particular attention was paid to the results of the work of the Working group on the development of requirements to shared research facilities and large-scale research facilities, established under the Ministry of education and science of Russia (hereinafter – the working group). The working group made the definitions of shared research facilities and, developed the criteria for determining the status of the facilities. Also, the requirements developed by the working group to ensure the availability of large-scale research facilities and the scientific equipment of the shared facilities for users were presented.
The Conference also touched upon the issues of metrological support of measurements on the facilities equipment, personnel problems and the experience of using the facilities as a training base for specialists.On the basis of the positive experience of shared research facilities operation, the participants formulated the basic tasks aimed at further development of these facilities. They include:
- equipping the facilities with modern expensive equipment in accordance with their specialization to provide the ability to solve interdisciplinary tasks and the possibility of multi-methodological measurements;
- providing diagnostic, metrological and technological support for fundamental and applied research, innovation, certification of high-tech products;
- grouping scientific and technical base of facilities to ensure its better use;
- implementing a complex of actions to ensure the uniformity of measurements, accreditation of measuring and testing laboratories of the facilities;
- fixation on obtaining the world-level scientific results, the development of new technologies;
- organization in cooperation with universities of training of highly qualified personnel to work with complex analytical equipment, including creating new scientific and technical specialties;
- elaboration of the administrative and financial status of the facilities, which would provide the most effective solution to the problems of effective interaction with users in accordance with the budget, tax and civil codes of the Russian Federation.
As a result of the Conference, the Resolution was formulated and approved:
- To approve the proposed definitions of shared research facilities and large-scale research facilities and to recommend the Ministry of education and science to legislate the status of these facilities, as well as the need for the formation of the federal register of shared research facilities.
- To approve in general the criteria developed by the Working group for determining the status and activities of shared research facilities and large-scale research facilities.
- To recommend that the Working group adjust the values of performance indicators of shared research facilities and large-scale research facilities with account for the discussion.
- To recommend to the heads of these facilities to ensure maximum openness of the facilities activities, in particular through their websites.